Is Having A Mobile Responsive Website Important
Website traffic has changed significantly over the past 2 years with the rapid growth of smartphone usage in Australia. Most people's mobile phones are rarely very far away from their reach and it has changed how and when people are searching online. This change has meant that people's expectations of how a website needs to look on a mobile device has changed too.
Personally, I am not sure I would survive a day without my mobile and if you are anything like me, you will often find yourself;
- constantly looking up a business number online on your mobile (no more call connect or yellow pages books)
- using your mobile to search for a business address and using google maps to get directions while sitting in the car (before you start driving of course)
- researching competitive prices before you buy something, often while standing in the shop just to make sure you aren't being ripped off.
- sitting in front of the television at night on a tablet or mobile doing some online research and purchasing
- researching, selecting and ordering takeaway all on your mobile when you suddenly decide you want Thai for dinner and want something en route home
- Constantly checking out online sales after receiving emails with special offers and discount codes
The Hard Facts
The statistics show I am certainly not alone constantly using my smartphone! They really dictate just how important it is that your website looks good and is usable on all types of devices, desktop, tablets and mobile:
- 57% of people won't recommend your business if your website has a poorly designed mobile site
- Global mobile traffic now accounts for 15% of all internet traffic
- 50% of the average global mobile web users now use mobile as their primary or exclusive means of going online
- Mobile web adoption is growing 8 times faster than web adoption did in the 1990's and 2000's.
- Mobile-Based Searches now make-up One Quarter of all searches.
So the Answer is YES!
The statistics really say it all! Yes, having a website that looks great on all devices regardless of their shape or size is now crucial to your online success. If you are unsure of how your website rates, check out last weeks article "What Does Being Mobile Responsive Actually Mean" we went through 4 things you could do to check your own website. Or give us a call on 02 4967 7255 and we can review your site for you.
Our websites are now all designed to be completely mobile responsive so that they look great no matter how they are displayed. Plus our advanced technology means that for our older clients, they can keep their current website and simply apply a new mobile responsive re-design over the top.
Call us today to find out about looking great online!