Google is Changing Everything - Are You Ready?
Well it is finally happening, we have been talking about it now for nearly 6 months but the date has now been set. April 21st, in only 24 hours - everything will change.
So you are wondering what on earth I am talking about right?
As you can read in The Age today, Google will soon be punishing clunky non mobile friendly websites.This means that if your website isn't mobile responsive and doesn't change to suit all different screen sizes then you might soon find yourself falling down the ranks on Google.
Google recently sent warnings out to website owners whose websites aren't mobile responsive stating that if their pages aren't responsive they will be "displayed and ranked appropriately for smartphone users".
According to Google in 2015 in Australia, browsing the web on a smartphone will surpass browsing on a desktop.
5 Things You Should Know About Mobile Web Browsing
- On the 21st of April Google is changing the rules and if your website is not mobile responsive it will be penalised in mobile rankings.
- 15% of internet browser usage in Australia is on mobile. This traffic is growing at such a rate that by mid 2015, 1 in 5 visitors to your website will be on a mobile.
- A whooping 90% of smartphone users access the internet via their smartphone daily.
- If your website is not well optimised for mobile users, the poor experience will turn them away to your better optimised competitors websites.
- A truly responsive website should have a fluid layout and display beautiful on all screen sizes as well as load quickly on all devices.
If this all sounds a little confusing it might be worth reading my previous articles What Does Being Mobile Responsive Mean, and Is Having a Mobile Responsive Website Important? Plus you can use Google's own Mobile Friendly Testing Tool, to see if your website gets the green tick of approval.
If you are unsure how many of your website visitors are using mobiles or tablets or would simply like to talk about options, give us a call on 02 4967 7255 and we will help you work out just how much this change will impact your website.