Is Having A Mobile Responsive Website Important?
Website traffic has changed significantly over the past 2 years with the rapid growth of smartphone usage. The change has meant that people's expectations of how a website needs to look on a mobile device has changed too. The statistics really dictate just how important it is that your website now looks good and is usable on all types of devices, desktop, tablets and mobile:
- 57% of people won't recommend your business if your website has a poorly designed mobile site
- Global internet traffic now accounts for 15% of all internet traffic
- 50% of the average global mobile web users now use mobile as their primary or exclusive means of going online
- Mobile web adoption is growing 8 times faster than web adoption did in the 1990's and 2000's.
- Mobile-Based Searches now make-up One Quarter of all searches.
Having a website that looks great on all devices regardless of their shape or sizes as you can see is now crucial to your online success.
What does Mobile Responsive Website Design Mean?
In the past websites were developed as a fixed width i.e. 960 px wide which would make sure they looked good on most screens. It was then some web professionals were also delivering a separate mobile version of websites, so when you developed a new site you would also create a mobile version.
Today however with so many people using desktops, tablets, mini tablets and mobile phones, website design has needed to change and adapt to a more fluid and responsive design format. All new websites designed with Telligence are now mobile responsive, so that as you adjust the screen and view them on different devices they look great! The content is only entered once.
The advantage of having a Telligence website also means that our current clients with older designed websites don't have to start again from scratch, they can simply have a website redesign to change their design elements to make them mobile responsive.
Call 02 4967 7255 today to get a website that looks great on all devices!
Here Is An Example Of A Mobile Responsive Website!